THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

March 4, 2009

We're talkin' about 3 straight wins, Mr. Big Shot's return.

With Allen Iverson out for the 3rd game [back injury] and the Nuggets Carmelo Anthony out [suspended], The Pistons beat the Nuggets Tuesday night - 100 to 95 - for their 3rd straight win in a row and Chauncey's 1st game back at the Palace since being traded back in November.

His entrance was beautiful. Pistons fans were definitely ON THEIR FEET for Chauncey “Buh-Buh-Buh Billups.”
All the Billups love from Pistons fans last night - also beautiful.

"I may forget the game and what happened, but the ovation and warm welcome the fans gave me, I'll never forget." He said.

I was one of those fans that was rooting for my team to win, but also cheering on Chauncey. But don't get it twisted - He was the only Nugget I cheered for because I got caught up in the moment ... he was still a Piston to me last night.

And I'm not one of those "Iverson sucks, this trade was dumb, bring back Chauncey, you'll never be Billups" people, as you all know. And I'm certainly not one of those people crying about him being gone.

Lately it's been crying about Iverson being gone. And even though with Iverson out the Pistons have turned their 8 game losing streak into a 3 game winning streak, I'm waiting to see how Curry's latest change - A.I. off the bench - works out.

With the Pistons playing the way they have been, I'm excited to see if, finally, A.I. wlil be The Answer that Joe D said we were getting back in November.

I'm not giving up on A.I. the Piston yet, because I'm one of the very, very few Pistons fans that still thinks this trade will pay off this season.

Note: The Pistons are 23-28 with Iverson and 7-1 without him.

"I really feel bad for Allen, because it's really not his fault," Chauncey Billups said about Allen Iverson.
"He's played one way his entire career, and that one way is not the style of play that this team needed. He's still a great player and can still probably score 30 on most nights in a different situation. But that's not what this team needed. You can't get an apple and expect him to be an orange."


Our next game is Friday where we will stay in Detroit and play the 21-39 Golden State Warriors. The last time we played them was back in November. we beat them 107-102.

0 comments: